Food Service: Licensing & Information

Retail License Guidelines

All new retail food applications and fees must be reviewed and approved by a Health Department inspector (REHS) prior to processing by the License Clerk. All Vending Machines must be licensed by submitting the application and appropriate fee(s). The department also issues General/Pool Licenses (pools, portable toilets, body art establishments). All applications for new licenses can be found on the applications and forms page.

Temporary License Applications for special events must be completed and submitted with payment at least five business days prior to the scheduled event. Any event scheduled outside normal business hours (9 am to 5 pm) will be subject to an inspection fee regardless of the license status or related fees. Please note: A setup deposit of $72 applies for all temporary license applications which are refundable following the close of the event IF the vendor is set up and ready for inspection on time as per the application.

Large events may require an Event Coordinator. A Temporary Event Coordinator Packet (PDF) is available and should be reviewed well in advance. Arrangements should also be discussed with the health inspector(s) prior to the event.

Complete Guidelines for Issuing of Temporary Food Service Licenses (PDF) are made available by the Department of Health. Also available are Temporary License Applications - Spanish (PDF), as well as Guidelines for Temporary Licenses - Spanish (PDF).